Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Happy 4th!

We had such fun for the 4th! I love celebrations of any kind, but especially if hubbies get a paid day off. For 4 days before the holiday Lucy had gotten a strange fever (no real reason for it). She woke up on the 4th without it, so I was so happy we could celebrate without having to be sick! We started the day at the ward picnic, and unfortunately by the time we got home she was back up to 102 (better than the few days before but obviously not good). So, she had her quiet time (of all days I really wanted her to take a nap so she could magically get better and stay up late with us, which of course she did not take). We were lucky, though, and within a few hours she was seemingly happy and healthy--no more fever for the rest of the day! We had some friends over for a BBQ (thanks Shelley/Cory/Ryan and Lynn/Jason/Sarah/Matthew). A fun time was had by all. We stayed up late, even Lucy, and watched a lot of our fireworks, which we got the day before from a nearby Indian reservation that sells insane fireworks for cheap. Most of you have probably seen the slide show below, but I wanted to add to it. Thanks everyone for a fabulous Fourth!

Click to play July 4th 2008

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I love the new look of your blog! And the "Lucillables" are great too :). We missed you at the Harper BBQ yesterday... I can't believe you didn't come!

For some reason I can't get the video to play... is there a trick, or am I just not very smart?

lAuRa said...

Fun video! looks like you guys had a fun holiday!!

Terri said...

Yeah, you have to LIGHT the fireworks with the match, Lisa! It took me a while to figure it out too! lol I LOVE the photos, Traci!