Wednesday, December 26, 2007

No Potty's Business

Well, we bought Lucy her first toilet seat today! :) She's been going dry throughout the night for over a week now and had been using our big-person potty very well before bed and after she wakes up. I think she (and I) was tired of holding onto my legs while using the bathroom, so I knew it was time to get one of her very own. She sat on it this afternoon and didn't want to get off! I'm going to have to look into some books on how to do this potty training thing. Any suggestions are welcome... please?? :) I will say, though, that the sooner I can stop changing poopy diapers the better for all, although I'm sure that time will come just as baby #2 (no announcements) comes along.

2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Good luck with that! I found (with both of mine) that if they are ready, it doesn't take too long. For awhile, pack extra pants and underwear and for a longer while, use pull-ups at night. And be prepared to use every toilet that might be anywhere in the area--kids "in training" usually get this fascination with toilets and want to test them ALL. Also from experience, if she says she needs to go, even if she's gone three times in the last ten minutes, take her :). Good luck--she'll do great!

PS LOVE the new look of your blog--I am extremely impressed with how good it looks!

Traci said...

thanks for the tips, Lisa! Even in the "early" stages of potty training I see how your tip on taking her even if she's gone already is important! She did need to go while we were at a restaurant for the first time, but she was scared of the loud toilets! Anyway, this should be interesting, but I'm excited with how well she's doing so far. We'll wait and see...