Saturday, November 1, 2008

New helper in the kitchen

I'm going to slowly try and get caught back up on blogging! It's obviously been a while. I'll be going through old pictures from the last time I blogged and see what I can remember. :)

When we were in Utah in August, we found this cute little apron for Lucy at Ophir Days. She's definitely gotten amazing use out of it. Every time I mention anything about breakfast, lunch, or dinner, she runs to get her apron on to help me out. We've had fun making pies (sometimes a little frustrating when trying to roll out the pastry and little fingers keep poking my pie crust), as well as making simple things like oatmeal (instant oatmeal in the microwave). Whatever the occassion, she will always run to get her "pretty dress" and chair, and get right up to help me. She is an indredible sugar taster, as you can see from the photos below. It's her favorite part, and I guess I'd want to help more often if I got to taste the sugar, too.



8 comments:

Lisita said...

Yeah, you are blogging again!! We love Lucy's apron. :) So cute!

The Nedrys said...

Glad to see you're back! Lucy looks adorable! I love the apron!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Part of helping is the tasting! She is so cute! It's just when I taste, it goes straight to my hips =)

RyanH said...

Couldn't agree more about testing the results... or the ingredients. And I loved the little lucillable about daddy living at work ;)

the harpers said...

It's so fun to see you blogging again! I've missed the updates! She is so darn cute. I love kitchen helpers...just wish there were a little more involved in the clean up portion of the fun!!

Terri said...

Thanks for posting the adorable blog, Trace! It's so fun to see Lucy "helping" in the kitchen. :)

Kedra Simpson said...

so cute!! I love your new kitchen helper.

Lisa R.D. said...

That apron is too cute. Our playgroup kids love to make cookies every time we have it at our house, they think it's so fun to add the ingredients and "help" stir. I'm glad to see you are blogging again!