Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Easter everyone

It looks like I'm turning out to be a twice-monthly type of blogger. There's nothing wrong with that, right? We had such a great Easter! I can see holidays getting more fun with the joy of a toddler around. Lucy is making me laugh every day, like the other day she and Wade were at the gym. Afterward, they walked on a path behind the gym to get out some extra wiggles. After a few minutes, they saw a woman jogging on the trail coming toward them. Wade asked Lucy to watch where she's going and move out of they way so she could pass. Instead, Lucy ran full speed in direct path of the running woman. When the woman got closer, Lucy stopped and pointed at her as she ran past yelling back to Wade, who was now left in the dust, "That man is FAST!"

Oh, and now that I'm thinking of funny things, we got to watch the Bee Movie on Easter. We were at the part where the bees won the lawsuit and were taking away the bear as the figure for honey bottles when Lucy took off into the kitchen. A few minutes later, we could here her saying, "Oh, honey bear, I loovvee you. Don't worry honey bear. I can make honey for my own self." She had gotten our honey bear out of the pantry and, as she often does, talked to the inanimate object as though it was one of her closest friends. She's so sweet and I love listening to her conversations between spoon and fork, potato and milk, or Molly and Sally (her dolls).

I hope everyone else had a Happy Easter! We sure missed the family, but we're so happy we have some great friends here who help us feel at home.

2 comments:

Kedra Simpson said...

Lucy is so cute!!! Even though Olivia didn't play very well with Lucy on Monday. She still talks about you guys all day long! Olivia is a little stinker at times. You guys are the best!

lAuRa said...

Lucy is such a cutie pie! I love to hear the funny/cute things that kids say and do, they crack me up! Glad you guys had a great Easter! =)